Thursday 9 May 2013

'The Hunted' Official Movie Poster


I created my movie poster using Adobe Photoshop CS6. As I have had prior experience using photoshop, it was much easier to navigate through the software and create a poster that I was happy with. 


Typography 

In terms of the title of the film, I chose 'The Hunted' as I wanted to create ambiguity and leave some intrigue for the audience. I felt that 'The Hunted' would not reveal a lot about the film. I used Arial Narrow as the font style and enlarged it, in order for it to be eye catching. I felt that Arial Narrow was a subtle font, therefore quite suitable. 


Colour  Scheme 

With the colour scheme, I intended for the colours to be quite neutral and simple, so it did not take attention away from the image. I used the black and white colour scheme in the title to create a bit of a contrast. The black is a metaphor for the darkness and evil in the film and the white creates an image of purity and innocence. I used black as a dominant colour to convey that the darkness and evil in the film as it is dominant and over powering. I used red for the credits just to infuse a bit of colour. I also thought that red would be suitable as it is not an overpowering colour. 

Image/Layout

The image I have used is one of the pictures on location. It came out really well so i decided to use it as the official poster image. The image is of one of my main characters in a balaclava. I wanted the actors face and body to be covered in some shadow, to create an element of mystery. I used a low angle shot to create the feeling of dominance and power over the audience. I feel that the image works really well with the film concept.

The sniper target attached to the title, was intended to create an image of a hunt. After I recieved some audience feedback, some audience members associated the target with the idea of a "chase" or "predator vs prey", which was my exact intention when including it in the poster. I also included typical conventions of a film poster, which include : certification, credits and producer information, reviews and distribution companies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment